Spotlighting Recent Successes: Travel and Event Services Showcase
Procurement Services hosted the first ever Travel and Event Services Showcase on March 2nd! This event was designed to provide our fellow Iowa State University Employees with an opportunity to explore the travel and event services that are currently available, have their travel and event questions answered, and interact with their colleagues and external suppliers.
We are thrilled to share that according to our evaluation survey results we successfully achieved these three goals! We would like to give a special shout out to Liz Lunaburg, our Procurement Agent who specializes in Travel and Hospitality contracts, and Tera Lawson, our Training, Development, and Outreach Coordinator, for coordinating and planning this outstanding event. As well as to thank all of our internal Iowa State University resources that attended to highlight their department and units’ services at the first-ever Travel and Event Services Showcase!
We had over 200 individuals in attendance including individuals representing our internal Iowa State University resources that are available to Iowa State University Employees to assist them in planning future events and travel!
The internal Iowa State University resources represented included:
- Card Services - Travel and Hospitality (T&H) Cards
- Conference Planning & Management - Planning an Event
- Controller's Department - Allowable Travel Expenses and Travel Reimbursement
- ISU Catering - Food and Beverage
- ISU Bookstore - Books, Apparel, and Gifts
- Memorial Union Events Management - Event Space and Audio Visual
- Printing Services - Materials for events including signage, agendas, posters, and more
- Procurement and Expense Specialists (PES) - Expense Reports for Travel Expenses
- Reiman Gardens - Event Space and Audio Visual
- Risk Management - International Travel, Field Trips and Optional Student Travel, Student Organization Travel and Events at ISU
- Transportation Services - Vehicle Rentals and Shuttle Drivers
- University Museums - Event Space
The contracted external suppliers included:
- CIT Charters - Mini-Coach and Motorcoach Charters
- CTP Travel - Booking Flights using Concur
- Gateway Hotel and Conference Center - Hotel Rooms, Event Space, Food and Beverage, and Audio Visual
- Key Travel - Booking Flights
We hope to be able to include additional resources and suppliers for the 2024 Travel and Event Services Showcase! If you are an internal Iowa State University Resource that we accidently missed in launching the event this year, please reach out to Tera Lawson (email@example.com) to discuss being a part of the 2024 event!
We hope that you will mark your calendars and plan to join us for the 2024 Travel and Event Services Showcase on Thursday, February 29, 2024 from 1-3 PM in the Memorial Union!