Amazon Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I get Amazon added to my cyBUY Marketplace?
So that you can make University authorized Amazon purchases that are also directly charged to University Funds. There are many benefits to using our Iowa State University Business Account. Iowa State University’s tax exemption certificate is preloaded in our Amazon Business Prime Account, which saves your department or unit both time and money.
It provides you with:
- Free 2-Day shipping on prime eligible items.
- Access to millions of additional products that are only available to Amazon Business customers.
- Business-specific pricing (including quantity discounts on eligible items).
- Access to a specialized Amazon Business Customer Service Team (1-888-281-3847).
How do I get Amazon added to my cyBUY Marketplace?
By attending the cyBUY Amazon Business Training, during which we’ll get you registered to access the Amazon Business Catalog through cyBUY.
You can view the dates and times for upcoming cyBUY Amazon Business Training sessions and sign up for training through Learn@ISU.
What if I don’t have time to attend the Amazon Business Training?
Training is required to gain access to the Amazon Business Prime Catalog in cyBUY because it is different than the other supplier catalogs and each Iowa State University email address must be individually registered.
During the training session, we will discuss the Amazon Business Prime account and get you registered as a member.
What do I do if I get an error message (restrictions or choose a group) from Amazon?
- Amazon Restricted Items:
An item that is restricted by Amazon cannot be ordered through cyBUY. If you add an Amazon restricted item to your cart, the entire order will fail.
- Iowa State University Restricted Items:
An item and/or category is flagged as restricted because Iowa State University has other contracts that should be used to purchase that item, for example, office supplies and furniture.
- Please check to see if the item you are requesting is available from another cyBUY supplier or University Internal Stores (the Bookstore, Central Stores, Chemistry Stores, Printing Services, and Transportation Services) before moving forward with your order.
- You can still place the order with the ISU restriction. However, all Amazon orders through cyBUY will go through an additional review by Procurement Services before being sent to the supplier.
- Choose a Group:
This error occurs when you are trying to access Amazon.com directly. You must be logged in to Workday and access Iowa State University’s Amazon Business account through cyBUY.
- To access cyBUY through Workday, please see the How to use cyBUY page.
- Other Error Messages:
Should you experience any other Amazon errors, please visit the Amazon Business FAQ Library for additional information.
Who do I contact if I have questions about an item in cyBUY that I want to purchase?
If you have a specific product and supplier chosen, please contact the supplier directly. Contact information for each of the cyBUY suppliers can be found in the General Information box located at the top right corner of the cyBUY Marketplace main page.
If you aren’t sure which supplier to use, email our cyBUY team (email@example.com) for assistance.
Who do I contact if I need help finding an item?
Email a member of our cyBUY team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance locating an item in the cyBUY Marketplace.
You can also contact the Procurement Agent that specializes in purchases made in that area. The Agent’s commodity areas can be found on the Procurement Services webpage.
Can I use cyBUY for personal purchases?
No, cyBUY should only be used for purchasing items with an identifiable University Business Purpose and charged to University Funds.