Amazon Business Training
Training sessions are available for ISU Employees who want to use Amazon Business!
Although Amazon is available on cyBUY, there are still items that should be purchased through contracted suppliers on cyBUY or through ISU Internal Stores in order to take advantage of contract pricing.
What is Amazon Business?
Amazon Business is available on cyBUY for Iowa State University! This allows you to take advantage of Amazon’s wide product selection and competitive prices for business purchases. Shopping through Amazon Business is as user friendly as it is on Amazon.com.
Additional benefits include:
- Free 2-Day shipping on Prime-eligible items
- Automatic tax-exempt purchasing on items sold by Amazon.com, LLC and participating 3rd party sellers
- Access to millions of additional products, available only to Business customers
- Business-specific pricing, including quantity discounts on eligible items
- Access to a specialized Amazon Business Customer Service team at 888-281-384
All Amazon purchases must go through cyBUY. Using the p-card for purchases is only allowed for the unsupported purchases listed below.
To ensure items are purchased from the best source, Procurement Services will be reviewing all Amazon orders before they are submitted to Amazon. Items that should be purchased through contracted suppliers on cyBUY include:
- Office supplies through Office Depot
- Scientific supplies through Fisher Scientific or VWR (or one of the specialty scientific suppliers)
- Computers, computer supplies, and audio/video supplies through CDW, Dell, or B&H Photo Video
- Books through Complete Books
- Classroom supplies & hospitality through American Education Supply, Blick Art Materials, or School Specialty
- Electronics through Digi-Key or Newark
The p-card may only be used for the following unsupported purchases:
- Digital downloads, including: eBooks, audio books, movies, videos, music, software and games. (This does not include hard copies)
- Credit Cards
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Wireless Devices and Services
- Subscriptions, including Subscribe & Save
- Amazon services not found on Amazon.com such as Amazon Web Services, Fresh, Mechanical Turk and their additional subsidiaries
Please contact Procurement Services cyBUY help desk with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering for Training
Register for Amazon Business Training through Learn@ISU. Once you sign in, sessions will be listed under Procurement Services>Amazon Business Training. Currently, all sessions are done by webinar. During this session, we will cover how Amazon will be different than the other catalogs in cyBUY due to their functionality and limitations as well as aiding in the registration process.