Internal Stores Frequently Asked Questions
Iowa State University Internal Stores is accessible through the cyBUY portal. This includes Central Stores, Chemistry Stores, Printing Services, the Bookstore, and Transportation Services.
Where can I find links to the Iowa State University Internal Stores including: Central Stores, Chemistry Stores, Printing Services, the Bookstore, and Transportation Services?
There are three ways you can access the links to the Iowa State University Internal Stores.
1) Links to the Iowa State University Internal Stores can be found in the General Information box in the top right corner of the cyBUY Marketplace main page.
Click on the store’s logo to be directed to their website.
2) If you are on the homepage of Workday, links to the Iowa State University Internal Stores can be found in the Procurement Application.
After clicking on the Procurement Application, you will find the links to each of the Iowa State University Internal Stores under the Campus Stores and Campus Resources heading, in the column on the right.
3) If you are on the Iowa State University homepage, use the index to find each of the Iowa State University Internal Stores’ websites and access their catalogs through their websites.
How do I setup a Central Stores or Chemistry Stores account?
Users ordering from Central Stores for the first time are required to register on their website. After registering, users do not need to register again.
- Anyone can view products and pricing on the site without registering.
Chemistry Stores uses Okta authentication for access to the store's online catalog.
- Users that had access in the ADIN version of the catalog, should have access to the new catalog. If a user does not have access to the catalog, they need to request access by e-mailing John Burright, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once a user has access to the Chemistry Stores catalog, they will also need to fill out a form with the billing and shipping address, the first time they checkout. After the first checkout, the information will be automatically loaded.
Who do I contact if I have questions about an item in cyBUY that I want to purchase?
If you have a specific product and supplier chosen, please contact the supplier directly. Contact information for each of the cyBUY suppliers can be found in the General Information box located at the top right corner of the cyBUY Marketplace main page.
If you aren’t sure which supplier to use, email our cyBUY team (email@example.com) for assistance.
Who do I contact if I need help finding an item?
Email a member of our cyBUY team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance locating an item in the cyBUY Marketplace.
You can also contact the Procurement Agent that specializes in purchases made in that area. The Agent’s commodity areas can be found on the Procurement Services webpage.
Can I use cyBUY for personal purchases?
No, cyBUY should only be used for purchasing items with an identifiable University Business Purpose and charged to University Funds.