Candex and Electronic ACH Payments for Individuals
Iowa State has begun using Candex (a payment software and services provider) to move from check payments to electronic ACH payments for individuals who are being paid $2,000 or less, do not have a conflict of interest, and are being paid for any of the following (that does not have or need a signed agreement):
- Lecturer, Seminar, or Guest Speaker
- Student-Teacher Supervision
- Panel Discussion Member
- Entertainer, Musician, Performer, Comedian, DJ, Vocalist/Singer
What does this mean for the individual I want to pay?
- They will be paid electronically and will no longer need to wait for a check to be cut. Many individuals who receive payments have requested to receive electronic payments from Iowa State University.
- They will not need to be registered as a supplier in Workday.
- They will need to respond to an email sent directly from firstname.lastname@example.org asking them to complete a 1-minute Candex registration so that they can be paid by Iowa State University electronically through Candex.
What do you need to do differently to make this happen?
Not a single thing! The processes to request payments to individuals have not changed.
You will still need to request a payment for an individual through your Finance Service Delivery Team using the process required for that situation. The processes for each of the situations listed above, along with several others, can be found on the Procurement and Payment Methods Webpage.
When your Procurement and Expense Specialist (PES) receives the payment request for an individual, they will enter payments that can be made through Candex (if it meets the current criteria listed above) into Candex and the email will be sent directly from email@example.com asking the individual to complete a 1-minute Candex registration so that they can be paid by Iowa State University electronically through Candex.
Should you receive any questions from the individual(s) you have requested to pay regarding the validity of the email they’ve received from Candex, please share that Iowa State has begun using Candex (a payment software and services provider) to move from check payments to electronic ACH payments for individuals and that they will need to register with Candex to be able to be paid electronically by Iowa State University.
We look forward to continuing to work with you and the Finance Service Delivery Team to implement this change!