Making a purchase from a local supplier? 

When you are making a purchase from a local supplier with your P-Card or your T&H Card you are responsible for obtaining tax exemption for that purchase.  We understand that how you obtain tax exemption from suppliers can vary by supplier and lately even the suppliers you have worked with or ordered from before have changed their tax exemption processes! 


  • We have created and are constantly updating our Local Supplier Information Webpage.  This page contains information on how to do business with several of our local businesses including: Fleet Farm, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Menards, Sam’s Club, Target, Theisen’s, and Walmart. 

Please reach out and let us know if you encounter additional local businesses that require more than our tax exemption number so that we can include that information on the webpage for your fellow Iowa State Cardholders. 


  • The card sleeves provided by Procurement Services for the P-Card and T&H Card have the Iowa State University Tax Exemption number on them.   Some suppliers only need that number at the time of purchase to provide tax exemption. 

If you would like a card sleeve, please and let us know if you need a P-Card or T&H Card sleeve and the university address to which it should be sent. 


  • Gone are the days when one Tax Exemption Certificate can be used for any supplier.   A certificate for a specific supplier is now required by the Iowa Department of Revenue and can be requested through our online Tax Exempt Form

The company name and address are required fields on the form as this is the information that is needed to create a Tax Exemption Certificate for that supplier. 


← Go Back