Spotlighting Recent Successes – University Wide Copier Contract now with Access Systems
On June 1, 2021 our University wide copier contract began with our new supplier, Access Systems! The new contract, which includes the maintenance of any existing Toshibia copiers that have already been purchased by Iowa State and making new Toshiba copiers available at Iowa State University contracted rates, also includes automatic electronic collection of quarterly meter reads for the Toshiba copiers!
The new contract was awarded following a bid process in which proposals were accepted, evaluated, and ranked on the evaluation criteria determined by Iowa State to address what was most important to meet the needs of Iowa State.
What does this new contract mean for departments and units?
- In most cases there will no longer be a need for an individual to submit the meter reads quarterly.
- Automatic meter reads will provide more accurate billing.
- New ways to request service and/or supplies via email or phone:
- If your copier needs service, email the problem and the tag number (which is found on the front or top of your copier machine) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-464-8770.
- If you need copier supplies (including toner), email your needs and the tag number (which is found on the front or top of your copier machine) to email@example.com or call 888-464-8770.
- If you need IT service email the problem and the tag number (which is found on the front or top of your copier machine) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-464-8770.
- If you need to order a new copier, the Access Systems catalog has been added to the cyBUY Marketplace in Workday.
- If you are looking for a specific feature or would like help selecting a copier that meets your department or units specific needs, please reach out to Keith Wendl (email@example.com 515-205-6047) for assistance, prior to submitting the order in cyBUY.
Procurement Services will still need an individual who will serve as the copier contact for each copier in the event that there are changes and/or issues and we need to connect directly with someone in the department or unit. Please contact Tisha Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org), if the copier contact for your machine has changed so that we can get the information out to the departments and units when needed.
If your department or unit has a Ricoh copy machine, Ricoh USA will to continue to provide maintenance on any Ricoh machines remaining on campus and the new contract will not impact you. However it is important that we have a current copier contact for the Rioch machines as well. Please contact Tisha Campbell (email@example.com), if the copier contact for your Ricoh machine has changed.
For additional information on the new copier contract, please visit the contract page.