How Do I Buy...

Test Plots

Procurement Agent(s):
Lucas Schau


Research projects conducted on private land require a written agreement between ISU and the land owner or owner's representative. These projects can be described as follows:

  • Short term - one year or less
  • Involving less than 20 acres

The form of agreement used will be a contractual agreement. Procurement Services will provide a template that will include the purpose, term, fee, and conditions. These agreements must be signed by Procurement Services. The land owner's or owner's representative and the ISU research representative's signatures will also be required.

Procurement Procedure:

Create a non-catalog requisition in Workday with any accompanying information about the requested purchase to Procurement Services (i.e. order form, quote, email from supplier, etc.). If you need assistance creating a non-catalog requisition in Workday, email the information to