- Customs Broker Information
- Food Trucks
- Green Purchasing at ISU
- How Do I Buy...
- New Employees
- Procurement Registration
- Purchasing Card
- Vendor Information
MISSION STATEMENT and STRATEGIC PLAN 2010-2015
The mission of the Iowa State University Procurement Services is to provide efficient, timely and effective services that maximize resources and support the university in making Iowa and the world a better place.
We achieve our mission by dedication to excellence and highest ethical standards in achieving the following goals:
• Implement sustainable strategies that promote Iowa State University as an environmental leader.
• Manage risks and demonstrate accountability for university assets.
•Provide business systems, processes and training that promote compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Implement enhanced administrative systems and strengthen business processes to support the planned growth in research, international programs and entrepreneurial activities.
• Provide efficient, value-added services that maximize university resources.
• Develop operational procedures that provide the highest level of service.
• Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended, utilizing open competition and impartial evaluation of alternate products.
• Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices that develop a strong vendor community and promote public trust in Iowa State University.
• Incorporate life cycle and total cost principles in making strategic decisions.
• Enhance cooperative efforts with Regent institutions and state agencies to increase efficiency and productivity.
• Partner with all university units and provide assistance for their continued success.
• Encourage utilization and development of businesses owned by women and socially disadvantaged ethnic groups.
• Be sensitive to and accepting of gender differences, diverse age groups, socio-economic levels, racial ancestries, ethnic heritages, and international cultures in the performance of daily activities.
• Identify best practices and benchmark programs, processes and procedures with peer institutions.